Saturday 10 July 2010

30-minute gamer, more like

One of the disadvantages of having two obsessions - football and videogames - is that, on occasion, the two clash and something has to give.  Ordinarily, that is not much of a problem - switching between the latest triple-A videogame for an hour and  half of 'Match of the Day', for example. 

During this World Cup, however, playing videogames has taken a bit of a hammering, particularly with matches being played in what would otherwise be peak gaming hours.  Consequently, where usually  I can  expect to spend 10-15 hours per week gaming, I've been lucky to get five hours under my belt over the last month.

There's still plenty I want to play though - I've been inching my way through Red Dead Redemption, I've bought Demon's Souls, I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 and I've broken the ground on Dragon Age: Origins  - just no time to do it.  Hence the quieter-than-usual blogging.  

As I type this, it's half-time in the 3rd place play-off game, Uruguay v Germany and the Holland v Spain final is tomorrow.  The premier league season doesn't start for another month, so I should be able to get some gaming in again after tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Ashamed to admit that I'm working on a two-TV setup during the World Cup. One for football, one for gaming.

    ReplyDelete