Sunday 24 October 2010

Fable III: Kingmaker. Seen in Gorblimey, yesterday

I was in London/Gorblimey yesterday (for non-UK readers, 'gorblimey' was a common (in at least two meanings of the word) exclamation of surprise in 19th Century London, derived from 'God blind me') and, while strolling through Bloomsbury,  walked past the McCann Erickson building.

The advertising agency always displays its wares in a large picture window by the entrance and the current one is Kingmaker-themed (it has the Microsoft account) -

There's treasure worth 2000 gold here. Win!

The main display has two inset monitors, with each displaying flag-planting auto-tweets from the two factions.  I planted a couple of flags while I was there but I didn't see mine pop up - even though the onscreen tweets were coming in thick and fast, there must be plenty backing up.  

Microsoft gave a press release a couple of days ago that said there were 60,000 users who between them had planted over a million flags.  I think this is pretty good going, particularly given that, for the first week or so of release, it didn't really work.

Rebel scum are everywhere

I've currently 'earned' over 30,000 gold, to be put to good use once the game is released in the UK on 29 October.  

No comments:

Post a Comment