Tuesday 23 November 2010

Legend of Zelda inspired make-up!

My wife writes a beauty blog, www.londonmakeupgirl.com and it is very seldom that there's any overlap between the content of our respective blogs. Not since the dismal failure of the Donkey Kong Hair Removal range, anyway.

The 'Legends' make-up collection from Etsy seller Shiro Cosmetics remedies that, however. This collection consists of loose pigments for use as eyeshadows (or so I'm told) and the names of all the individual shades are Zelda-themed -'Link', 'Zora', 'Hearts', 'Ganondorf', 'Kokiri Forest' 'Majora's Mask' and more.

I'm not going to review them here - that would be way beyond my descriptive powers. I'm not even sure videogames and make-up share a vocabulary. Iridescent, maybe. London make-up girl makes a far better go of it, reviewing those shown here (from top left Ganondorf, Temple of Time, Deku, Bottom: Epona, Master Sword).




If you're not a fan of Zelda, there's also a Pokemon-inspired range ('Super Effective'). Squirtle eyeshadow, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. There was that time you asked me if I wanted to review your cowboy soap too, I think. Zelda make-up FTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if somebody would just come up with a "Staring At Lines of Code for Hours on End Trying to Figure Out Why the Damn Device Won't Work" makeup line I might finally get Eccentric English Boyfriend to share my interest in makeup. Or not.

    ReplyDelete