Monday 14 December 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 - teaser trailer

Batman: Arkham Asylum is my favourite game this year - excellent use of the licence, great gameplay, combat, graphics, voice acting.  Other than a couple of suspect boss battles (though the one with Scarecrow balanced some of that suspicion out, I feel), there isn't a thing that I would change about the game.


Given the maths of the industry go something like - videogame + success = videogame 2: The sequel - it is no surprise that there's another game coming.  A bit surprising, possibly, that news of it has come so soon after the first game came out (it was released in the UK at the end of August) but welcome nonetheless.


teaser trailer was released today, at the Video Game (I always say 'videogame' but each to their own) Awards.  As a rule, I'm not that interested in previews/trailers, particularly a gameplay-free one like this but for Batman, I'll make an exception (like the one I made for Fable 3). It suggests that  the game will be set in Gotham City proper, rather than in the eponymous Asylum of the first game. Joker and Harley Quinn are there again, an easy choice to make, given Joker is the most charismatic and well-known bat-villain but I'd have liked to see another one, personally.   Not that it will stop me buying it though -  I am being seduced by the coolness already.  

No comments:

Post a Comment