Sunday 21 March 2010

New Super Mario Bros band-aids

My Mum used to tell a story about one time, when I was a small boy, she bought some 'Mr Men' sticking plasters.  Apparently I would then, until said plasters were used up, demand one to be stuck on any scrape, no matter how microscopic (or, to be honest, imaginary), on the basis that I wanted 'Mr Bump' stuck to my grievous injury.


To prove that more than 30 years of so-called 'growing up' have had no noticeable impact, I recently saw (and immediately bought) New Super Mario Bros 'Know your Enemies' plasters -

That's my daughter's hand on the left.  I think she wants a plaster

They are packed into a handy metal tin and come in three different types, each showing one of Mario's mortal enemies - Bullet Bills, Piranha Plants and Goombas.  

While typing this post, my daughter came up to me complaining of a near-invisible cut to one of her toes.  A little bit sheepishly, she asked for a Mario plaster (Bullet Bills).  Given my own history, I could hardly refuse.....


1 comment: