Wednesday 4 August 2010

Fable III

As I've said elsewhere on here, I love the two Fable games and am looking forward to the third later on this year. Many games with a fantasy setting can be po-faced and up themselves but  Fable can rarely be accused of that, being a far more bawdy experience -  like a videogame version of The Canterbury Tales (compared to, say, Dragon Age being like Beowulf ).  I like both types of game and I'm glad that there's room for both in the market (though I wish there were a few more that went for humour like Fable does).

Yesterday, Lionhead, the Fable developer, released a cinematic trailer for Fable III to further stoke up my excitement levels (though that might not have been their main reason) and it can be viewed, in all its loveliness, here.

Earlier this week, Lionhead released a 'Villager Maker' wherein you could, by answering a series of on-screen multiple choice questions, create a Fable III character.  If you pre-order the game, you will receive a code to unlock this character in the game.  I'll probably do this - I'm certainly going to buy the game as soon as it comes out, so I might as well pre-order - and I'll probably go for the rather lovely Collector's Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment