Sunday 22 August 2010

We've all been on a, summer holiday

The blog has been quiet over the last couple of weeks as I've been on a family holiday to rural Suffolk, where, by my calculations, it is about 1987.  There was no internet connection and precious little mobile phone coverage, making it a holiday from my blog, as well as my job.

Although there were no home consoles around, as a true geek family we brought along a couple of DSs, a PSP and an iPad.   My daughter worked hard trying to pay off her mortgage to the usurious Tom Nook in Animal Crossing: Wild World on DS, my wife exhibited a hitherto only suspected desire for world domination in Civilisation Revolution on the iPad (the iPhone version, but expanded to full-screen) and I, as I always do when going away,  took a bunch of unplayed DS and PSP games from my Pile of Shame.

On holiday, I usually try a few different games to get a feel for ones that I want to spend more time with (which is how I whittle down my home console Pile of Shame) but, other than a few games of Lego Battles on DS and a few hours with Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, I concentrated on one game only, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.  I love Fire Emblem games and, even though I returned home from my holiday yesterday, I still played the DS game in preference to my home consoles last night.  I'm about 16 hours into the game so far, which I think is about halfway and it is fantastic, as good as (indeed, not much different from) the GBA games.  I'll be reviewing it on here  when I've completed it, so I won't go into too much detail now.

I had a great holiday and aim to carry my post-holiday buzz as far into my first week back at work as I can (roll on the bank holiday next week).  Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment