Thursday 7 January 2010

Mario Kart Wii cheaters - for shame!

I've been playing quite a bit of Mario Kart Wii over the last few days, with my daughter and also on the internets over Nintendo's wi-fi connection. MKW, as I will lazily abbreviate it, is pretty much the only game I play online against people that I do not know.  Ordinarily, this is no problem  - races are challenging and fun and there's generally a good mix of player abilities.

However we were playing a couple of days ago and one of the racers had infinite items (the decent ones too - if you're going to cheat, cheat large I suppose), from even before the race started.  There were bob-omb explosions on the starting grid, which should have warned me that something was off but, as we hadn't come across it before, we persevered.  On the following race, we quit before the end as the nob-end was carrying on with the same tactic.

I had a quick search of the internet afterwards and found plenty of mentions of this particular hack.  Who on Earth would want to cheat at MKW?  I mean, who would want to cheat at any game anyway but MKW?  It is not a serious game and it's on the Wii, for crying out loud!  Not exactly hardcore, is it?

On a happier note, as we were racing my daughter was smack-talking me - Mario Kart as it should be played.  I'm so proud.......

No comments:

Post a Comment