Saturday 23 January 2010

A Non-gaming Week

Sometimes, being a 30-something gamer results in there being not enough emphasis on the 'gamer' and too much emphasis on the grown-up bit at the other end of the phrase.

This week, after my customary 'gaming until stupid o'clock' Sunday night/Monday morning session, I've barely gamed at all. I don't know why I have the stupid o'clock session - it sets me up for a sleepy start to the week, making me too tired to game early on in the working week. Or work. Or converse rationally after 8pm.

This week, I started with good intentions in the morning for evening gaming sessions. I was imagining shotgunning zombies during my journey to work, though to be honest maybe a London commute makes everyone think that. By the evening, due to sleep deprivation, coupled with a day of particularly stressful work (it's been a bad week for that), the only thing I've shotgunned is (metaphorical) nighttime cocoa. Work, the curse of the gaming classes.

And I've had a nasty bout of man-flu. Feel my pain.

So when I came to fire up my 360 last night for Assassin's Creed II and Sega Rally, it had been five days since it was last turned on. Other than a bit of Professor Layton and one lunchtime game of Burn Zombie Burn, I'd gone through a week without gaming.

Which makes it a bit difficult to blog about, really. Normal service will, hopefully, be resumed next week, as this week I'm doing my 'stupid o'clock gaming' Saturday night/Sunday morning. Left 4 Dead 2 here I come.



No comments:

Post a Comment